The basic hardware you will need is
- the R-Pi board itself
- a power supply (Micro-USB, 5V, 1200 mA)
- a SDHC memory card to install the software.
1 Basic options
- Easy / Kodi centric distributions
- Advanced / can be used with Kodi
- Raspbian - Up-to-date versions of Kodi are now on the default Raspbian repositories. See full guide here
- CarPC - Guide
- RetroPie - See full guide here
- Recalbox - Installing (note: game controllers currently don't work in Kodi, so an additional remote or keyboard is needed)
- Buildroot - For experimented users only !
2 Specific install guides
For installs that don't directly include and/or boot into Kodi automatically.
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install kodi
- Alternative source
- You can also download Kodi from http://michael.gorven.za.net
Here's a youtube guide:
3 Compiling Kodi
Notes for advanced users who wish to try and build Kodi from source code.
- Various good notes mentioned here: http://not-guild.de/temp/kodi.txt